NEWS|2018

JULY 2018 Helecto r: Announced by PPC Renewables SA (PPCR) as Highest Bidder with regard to the tender for the selection of a Strategic Partner in the field of electricity production from geothermal resources.


On the 11th of July 2018, HELECTOR was announced by PPC Renewables SA (PPCR) as Highest Bidder with regard to the tender for the selection of a Strategic Partner in the field of electricity production from geothermal resources.  The project includes the co-exploitation of the Nisyros, Kimolos – Milos – Polyegos, Lesvos and Methana geothermal fields whose exploitation rights have been assigned to PPCR.  Within the  framework of the project HELECTOR will proceed with the acquisition of 51% of a special purpose vehicle Societe Anonyme with the rest 49% being withheld by PPCR.  The aforementioned strategic co-investment in geothermal exploitation which requires state of the art and specialized technology, hence substantial know – how, contributes to the utilization of HELECTOR’s vast experience in the field of construction and long term operation of RES base units (high availability) as well as its significant know how in the field of pumping and utilizing underground energy content.